The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG) is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to join our growing team.
- Part-Time, 1-Year Contract
- 20 hrs/week with an opportunity for increased workload as the organization grows
- $16 - $17/hour. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Reporting to the Manager, Facilities and Events, and supporting the Officer, Strategic Initiatives, the Event Coordinator is the primary on-site lead during both internal and external events
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing floor plans, event orders, guest lists & supplier lists for upcoming events
- Communicating details of upcoming events to OAG staff
- Serving as liaison with clients and vendors to address last-minute event-related matters
- Overseeing and supporting on-site event setup, tear-down, logistics and operations
- Using Event Management System to work efficiently and effectively
- Additional administrative duties as required
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Able to work evenings/late nights/weekends as required
- Well presented and confidence interacting with clients
- Highly organized, reliable & efficient
- Experience supervising/leading other support staff
- Diploma in Event Management a bonus but not essential
- Experience using Event Management System a bonus but not essential
We are seeking an energetic candidate with a positive attitude, and eagerness to learn, and commitment to growing as an event professional.
- Bilingual (French and English)
Please apply with cover letter and resume to Beth Evans, Manager, Facilities and Events, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the specific job you are interested in applying for.
The Ottawa Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer, and thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.